As part of the partnership established between UCHealth and Yampa Valley Medical Center in 2017, YVMCF will be receiving $20 million over seven years for the benefit of our local communities and the strategic priorities of UCHealth YVMC.
A growing body of research shows that social and economic forces play a significant role in health. YVMCF is looking to invest in local non-profits that help community members tackle health related issues.
The funds have been structured to ensure funding will be available to support the community and its population health initiatives in perpetuity.
2021 Grant Recipients
We are excited to announce that we awarded $325,000 in grants ranging from $8,000 to $60,000 in the 2021 grant cycle. The areas of focus this year was on access to health care, mental health, and substance use disorders. Of the twenty applications we received, fifteen were granted to thirteen nonprofits.
Congratulations to the recipients of this years grants.
- Advocates of Routt County
- Grand Futures
- Integrated Community
- Mind Springs Health
- Northwest Colorado Center for Independence
- Northwest Colorado VNA
- Partners in Routt County
- Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide (REPS)
- Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood
- Routt County Council on Aging
- Steamboat Montessori
- Yampa Valley Autism
Up to $340,000 will be granted for the following funding priorities during the 2022 granting cycle:
• Access to Healthcare (including physical health care, mental health care, and behavioral health care)
• Mental Health
• Substance Use Disorder
The application process opens on January 1, 2022.
Pre-applications will be due by February 18, 2022, and final applications will be due on March 31, 2022.
To qualify for the grant cycle, organizations must meet the following criteria:
• Be an existing 501(c) (3), educational, or governmental agency and have no political or religious intentions
• Located within Routt and/or Moffat counties
• Fit within the defined funding priorities for that year
If you have any questions please email Karen.Schneider@uchealth.org