As part of the partnership established between UCHealth and Yampa Valley Medical Center in 2017, YVMCF will be receiving $20 million over seven years for the benefit of our local communities and the strategic priorities of UCHealth YVMC.
A growing body of research shows that social and economic forces play a significant role in health. YVMCF is looking to invest in local non-profits that help community members tackle health related issues.
The funds have been structured to ensure funding will be available to support the community and its population health initiatives in perpetuity.
2020 Grant Recipients
We are excited to announce that we awarded $275,000 in grants ranging from $2,000 to $50,000 in our inaugural cycle. The areas of focus this year was on access to healthcare, mental health, and substance use disorders. Of the thirty four applications we received, fifteen were granted to fourteen nonprofits.
Congratulations to the recipients to this years grantees.
- Advocates of Routt County
- City of Steamboat Springs
- Connections 4 Kids
- Grandkids Child Care Center
- Heeling Friends
- Horizons Specialized Services
- Integrated Community
- LiftUp Routt County
- Northwest Colorado Health
- Grand Futures
- Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide (REPS)
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, Inc.
- Town of Oak Creek
- Yampa Valley Autism Program
The funding priorities for the next cycle will be announced in November or December of 2020 with the application process opening in January of 2021.
To qualify for the grant cycle, organizations must meet the following criteria:
• Be an existing 501(c) (3), educational, or governmental agency and have no political or religious intentions
• Located within Routt and/or Moffat counties
• Fit within the defined funding priorities for that year
If you have any questions please email Karen.Schneider@UCHealth.org